POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Why assumed_gamma 1.0 should be used (and the drawbacks) : Re: Why assumed_gamma 1.0 should be used (and the drawbacks) Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:01:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why assumed_gamma 1.0 should be used (and the drawbacks)
From: clipka
Date: 18 Sep 2011 15:17:09
Message: <4e7643b5$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.09.2011 18:11, schrieb Darren New:

>> Well, was thinking more about the reception of the direct input from the
>> rods and cones, separate any other processing. Sort of a..."is the
>> colour I
>> see as 'blue' the same colour you see as 'blue'?"
>
> The different rods are definitely responding to different wavelengths.
> Whether the same wavelengths correspond to the same colors is a
> different and so-far-unanswered question. I.e., "blue" is the same
> wavelength for everyone, but "blue" is a subjective experience.

Actually there are slight variations in the wavelengths to which the
rods react; some women even have two different receptors for red-ish
wavelengths (in addition to the blue and green receptors), making them
particularly good at discerning color differences (ironically their male
children have a higher risk of being born red-green color blind).