POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Why assumed_gamma 1.0 should be used (and the drawbacks) : Re: Why assumed_gamma 1.0 should be used (and the drawbacks) Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:08:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why assumed_gamma 1.0 should be used (and the drawbacks)
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Sep 2011 13:40:55
Message: <4e762d27$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/18/2011 10:14, Alain wrote:
> If you take the signal just out of the eye and compare it to just after the
> optical nerve, you'll notice a significant difference. Don't forget that
> that nerve DOES have processing ability and do process the visual stream.

http://www.amazon.com/Brains-Men-Machines-Ernest-Kent/dp/0070341230

If anyone is interested in this topic, I highly recommend that book. It
covers input, decision making, and output of the human body, expressed in
layman's terms, with diagrams of (for example) op amps or simple digital
circuitry to describe what's going on.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?