POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : less saturation with more cores? : Re: less saturation with more cores? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 19:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: less saturation with more cores?
From: clipka
Date: 16 Sep 2011 20:39:13
Message: <4e73ec31$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.09.2011 01:47, schrieb Matthias:
> I observed an oddity I have no explanation for. I run RC3 unofficial on 3 Macs.
> Two of them have two cores, and behave identical. The third has 8 cores, and
> files with mesh objects result in clearly less saturated images. I have
> double-checked that I am using the same files with the same settings, and I am
> comparing the generated images, not just the gamma-adjusted previews. I'll be
> happy to provide a scene file together with the images I get. The only not too
> common feature I use is interior_texture. Please advise.

Some things you could try:

- On the 8-core machine, use option +WT2 in the INI file or on the
command line; this will reduce the numer of render threads to 2. If this
changes behaviour to match the 2-core machines, then there's something
fishy indeed.

- On all machines, use an INI file with the following settings
explicitly specified:

   File_Gamma=sRGB
   Display_Gamma=sRGB
   +fn

If this makes all machines behave identically, then there's probably
something different with your povray.ini file on the 8-core machine.