POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : rgb vs srgb : Re: rgb vs srgb Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rgb vs srgb
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Sep 2011 03:08:17
Message: <4e6dafe1$1@news.povray.org>
On 11-9-2011 13:15, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> background{rgb <213,127,79>/255}

I think that is where my setup is *wrong* (and I apologize) because I
use a colored object within a white sphere with finish {emission 1} (no
light source). I understand now from the explanations by Warp and Ive,
that the sphere's color influences the object's color. Obvious, but I am
not always thinking straight ;-)

Remains my question: when to use the term 'srgb' in POV-Ray code?

Thomas