POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : rgb vs srgb : Re: rgb vs srgb Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:49:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rgb vs srgb
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 11 Sep 2011 10:28:41
Message: <4e6cc599$1@news.povray.org>

> Am 11.09.2011 13:45, schrieb Warp:
>> POV-Ray 3.7 uses (now) a default assumed_gamma of 2.2, which
>> perfectly explains that.
>>

> No, it doesn't. At least RC3 does not.

   Just tested it, and that's only true if you explicitly set #version to
3.7, if not it uses 2.2.

   Anyhow, using assumed_gamma 1.0 and srgb gives the correct result, the
same as when using assumed_gamma 2.2 and rgb. So, I think something is
wrong with Thomas setup... it should be giving him the correct results
for the right sRGB color on the image he posted, and the left color
should be also different (236,187,151).

   Regards,

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres