POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : rgb vs srgb : Re: rgb vs srgb Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:56:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rgb vs srgb
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 11 Sep 2011 07:15:58
Message: <4e6c986e$1@news.povray.org>

> Not using grays in my example, but picking the following vector in
> Gimp: <213, 127, 79>/255 and rendered in POV-Ray as rgb or srgb give
> different results from the original (see image in p.b.i.). So, what
> is correct? My gamma settings are not an issue as they are correctly
> set by the way.
>
> Thomas

   Hmmm... I usually get confused with these matter too, so I just did
use my best skill: trial&error. I've created a simple scene with :

background{rgb <213,127,79>/255}

   Rendered with +FN, I got a png which I loaded it into the Gimp to pick
the color: <213,127,79>. :O

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia