POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : rgb vs srgb : Re: rgb vs srgb Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:48:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rgb vs srgb
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Sep 2011 03:06:32
Message: <4e6c5df8$1@news.povray.org>
On 10-9-2011 18:58, Alain wrote:

> Almost all colour pickers, like the ones in Gimp or Paint, work in sRGB
> space. They assume a source encoded in sRGB space and return a value
> that is assumed to be used in the sRGB space.
> Just try picking colour for 25%, 50% and 75% grays and see the actual
> results...

I must admit that the whole issue is very confusing to me.

Not using grays in my example, but picking the following vector in Gimp:
<213, 127,  79>/255 and rendered in POV-Ray as rgb or srgb give
different results from the original (see image in p.b.i.). So, what is
correct? My gamma settings are not an issue as they are correctly set by
the way.

Thomas