POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Does PoV-Ray 3.6 support multi-core processors? : Does PoV-Ray 3.6 support multi-core processors? Server Time
20 May 2024 05:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Does PoV-Ray 3.6 support multi-core processors?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 26 Aug 2011 19:53:06
Message: <4e5831e2$1@news.povray.org>
High!

As for raytracing computers NEVER are fast enough, I currently toy with
the idea of upgrading my prehistoric rattletrap (AMD Athlon 64 3500+) to
a multicore system, preferably with an AMD Phenom II X6, i. e. a
hexa-core CPU.

But obviously not all software supports using all cores - does PoV-Ray
3.6 (I would not use 3.7 unless its final version is released, a friend
experienced a bad crash with the current beta)? Are there differences
between the Windows and Linux versions (I use Linux)?

See you in Khyberspace - www.khyberspace.de

Yadgar