POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray-Meets-Hand-Drawn Animation Ready For Viewing : Re: POV-Ray-Meets-Hand-Drawn Animation Ready For Viewing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray-Meets-Hand-Drawn Animation Ready For Viewing
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 25 Aug 2011 15:41:41
Message: <4e56a575@news.povray.org>
Dan Byers wrote:

> Hello!  Long time, no visit...

Good to see you are still working on great stupid movies ;)

> Anyway, I've just finished my final proof-of-concept reel

I'm still a bit unsure what I should be seeing. It looks
like you get a 3d effect by extruding the dark contour lines
more than the colored areas, is that right?

What you could also try is to base the cut shapes on a
flattened sphere instead of a box, so you will get some
slight curvature and shading on the solid areas (or, more
ambitiously, use some sort of distance transform to make the
thickness of the shape - for non-contour points - depend on
the 2d distance to the nearest contour point).