POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray-Meets-Hand-Drawn Animation Ready For Viewing : Re: POV-Ray-Meets-Hand-Drawn Animation Ready For Viewing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray-Meets-Hand-Drawn Animation Ready For Viewing
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 25 Aug 2011 01:50:25
Message: <4e55e2a1$1@news.povray.org>
Le 25/08/2011 01:13, Dan Byers a écrit :
> Hello!  Long time, no visit...
>

> There are three other test reels that focus more on the 2-D creation process --
> animatics, dialog sync, and hand-drawn line art; feel free to visit my blog
> (check my sig) to get to the links, if you're so inclined.  There's also one
> other film:  my character Three-eyed Larry as a POV-Ray object with the camera
> doing a slow orbit of him.  That film is here:
>
> http://vimeo.com/27990034

Great! (that seems to be a very weak word...  Really great!)

As far as shadow is concern, using a box with image map would be no or
little difference in test #5... maybe it's possible to have larry, when
it change orientation from looking left to moving to the right, to in
fact get out of the 2D plan with it's rotating avatar ? (turning it like
a page of book, in 3D)

Another use of the object would be to find some usage for trace() (like
a rain of balls), so as to use the normal of the surface of one
character (I want to see one character pull a toilet-chain, and the
other get flushed with a torrent of bouncing balls... ? maybe not)

sad point: There is no usage of the background.

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.