POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light source-sun : Re: light source-sun Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light source-sun
From: Alain
Date: 24 Aug 2011 20:27:03
Message: <4e5596d7@news.povray.org>

>> With photons, you should use ether spacing OR count, not both.
>>
>> Check the actual location of your sun. It can be on the wrong side of
>> your reflectors. If that's the case, then all your photons are shoot
>> away from the reflector.
>> Try moving your reflector so that it's as close to the origin as possible.
>> Make sure that your ground is at elevation zero.
>>
>> I can't find Sun_Position.inc :( hard to test your scene.
>
> Hi Alain,
>
> you can download all files from here
>
> http://ia700600.us.archive.org/35/items/refcpc/cpc.zip

Taking a good look at sun_position.inc and I see some problem:

In the INC, you unconditionaly set every variables. They should be
conditionaly set to default values only when they are NOT set beforehand.

Use this construction:
#ifndef(VARIABLE) #declare VARIABLE; #end

Also, you need to set your variables BEFORE you include the INC file,
NOT after.

As it is now, you can set the hour to noon, but have the sun placed as
if it was midnight, then wonder why everything is so dark.

Alain