POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light source-sun : Re: light source-sun Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light source-sun
From: Alain
Date: 20 Aug 2011 18:59:47
Message: <4e503c63@news.povray.org>

> Hello
>

> inclinations on a compound parabolic concentrators
> http://www.powerfromthesun.net/Book/chapter09/chapter09_files/image011.jpg
> Where I attempt to render a light intensity map of point light source, after
> placing a disc (act as a screen) under the reflector opening, I get some
> convincing caustics;
>
> however the my main aim is to test this concentrating collector model in
> semi-real environment. ie.sun light with sun path modelling the sun movement in
> the sky to be modelled from the elevation angle and the azimuth calculated
> values, from sunrise to sunset, for the corresponding latitude and longitude of
> the place where the collector will be  located.  And this is what
> sun_postion.ini exactly does.
>
> With the included POV script 'CPC_sun-2.pov' I set the collector and disc on the
> 'land' and I placed an orthographic camera quite far away from the receiver and
> used high magnification to zoom in and render the image showing light
> distribution.
>
> it does not show any reflection on the disc (not collecting any light) and here
> lies the problem.
>
> Having tilted the reflected southward ,I get too much light distributed on the
> collector and being all equally brightened!?
>

> that there is a problem with the light source maybe?
>

> thanks
> Zak

With photons, you should use ether spacing OR count, not both.

Check the actual location of your sun. It can be on the wrong side of
your reflectors. If that's the case, then all your photons are shoot
away from the reflector.
Try moving your reflector so that it's as close to the origin as possible.
Make sure that your ground is at elevation zero.

I can't find Sun_Position.inc :( hard to test your scene.