POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sky_sphere is not smooth : Re: Sky_sphere is not smooth Server Time
30 Jun 2024 03:44:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky_sphere is not smooth
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 17 Aug 2011 08:34:15
Message: <4e4bb547$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/08/2011 10:22, Zeycus wrote:
> It's very interesting, I am in another computer and now I really cannot see
> those sharp lines, it is definitely a screen issue.
>
> I was using 24bits, but there must be some other factor.
>
> Thank you very much for your expert comments!

are you using a VGA-cable? if so, it's probably a sharpness-setting on
your monitor.
Try http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ for some manual LCD calibration, but
be aware that if you're using a TN-panel (i.e. any cheap LCD), any real
color-calibration is rather useless, because of the very low viewing angles.