POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sky_sphere is not smooth : Re: Sky_sphere is not smooth Server Time
30 Jun 2024 03:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky_sphere is not smooth
From: Warp
Date: 16 Aug 2011 16:36:01
Message: <4e4ad4b1@news.povray.org>
Zeycus <zey### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I have a problem: I want to use sky_sphere to make a sky, but for some reason it
> does not change color smoothly, you can cleary see lines that separate different
> "regions".

  It looks quite smooth to me.

  If you are talking the region where the purple-blue transition changes
to blue-black, where the exact point of change which has the purest blue
stands out from the rest, that's not really a problem with povray. If you
create the same kind of gradient in any program it will look like that.
(The reason is, very technically speaking, that there's an abrupt change
in the slope of the color transition curve.)

  Getting rid of it can be a bit tricky. (Basically it would need for the
color change slope to itself be smooth.)

--
                                                          - Warp