POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Modeller program for use with Linux? : Re: Modeller program for use with Linux? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 11:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeller program for use with Linux?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Aug 2011 17:53:35
Message: <4e444f5f$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:47:20 -0400, commodorejohn wrote:

>> Yeah, I've never really found anything quite like Moray for *nix;
>> Blender has more primitives, and the UI has undergone some pretty
>> drastic changes (I've heard), so you might look at it as well, it just
>> seems to be one of those 'tactical nuke to kill a fly' situations.
> Yeah, exactly. I _could_ pick up something like Blender, I guess, but
> I'd really rather just stick with what I know and enjoy. Truevision
> _looks_ like exactly what I'm looking for; guess I'll see if I can't
> figure out how to apply the source patches manually...

Which *nix distribution are you using?

Might already be a package prebuilt - you could look in the open build
service (previously the opensuse build service - but it can be used to
build packages for more than opensuse, hence the rename) - http://
software.opensuse.org/search will do a search of it, just select your
Linux distribution (if you're using Linux, which it sounds like you are)
and see if it shows up.

Jim