POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rendering partially wet material : Re: rendering partially wet material Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering partially wet material
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 10 Aug 2011 17:45:49
Message: <4e42fc0d$1@news.povray.org>
kiwon wrote:

> Thanks! This helped me so much. Then, this is also quite tricky to present
> smooth change between dry and wet area. One simple idea might be putting many
> discrete levels such as [0 t_dry] [0.2 t_wet1] [0.4 t_wet2] ...
> Is there better way for this?

If wet_map.png contains intermediate values and not just two
states like 0 and 255 for wet and dry, the texture map should
already interpolate the textures for you. Of course, the other
question is whether the average of dry and 100% wet is a good
texture for 50% wet. If this is not the case, you will need
to define individual textures.