POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : multipigment surface : Re: multipigment surface Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: multipigment surface
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 2 Aug 2011 16:51:22
Message: <4e38634a$1@news.povray.org>
PC John wrote:

> Is there a way to combine the "average result" with the uvmapping pigment? All I
> want is to multiply them.

I'm not sure I fully understand your input data. Do you have the
uv-mapping pigment in addition to your other pigments? Otherwise
you can just use the uv-mapped pigment in the average.

If the pigments in the average are only intended as a filter for
some base pigment then you should probably make all your pigments in
the average use colors with filter 1 and then use layered textures
(if you assign two textures to an object the second will cover the
first, which only makes sense with some form of transparency).

However, layering textures sometimes does not work if the
individual textures are too complex.