POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : only 12 objects: rendertime of days : Re: only 12 objects: rendertime of days Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: only 12 objects: rendertime of days
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Aug 2011 11:53:17
Message: <4e36cbed$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/1/2011 8:03, folkert wrote:
> Has anyone any suggestions how i can speed up the rendering?

Look at the summary at the end of the render and see where POV is spending
its time.

I have a building with a ton of lights in it, and each light makes it
slower. I too was getting rendering times of days because the way I had
constructed the building meant there was no bounding, so every wall was
being tested against every ray from every light.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?