POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : only 12 objects: rendertime of days : Re: only 12 objects: rendertime of days Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: only 12 objects: rendertime of days
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 1 Aug 2011 11:46:57
Message: <4e36ca71@news.povray.org>
Le 01/08/2011 17:03, folkert nous fit lire :
> I'm trying to render a not so complicated scene: it's only a box with some parts
> cut out. In the box a couple (9) of lights.

Lol, a difference of a Box with about 4000 box for a kind of menger sponge.

You should either:
 1. try an additive approach (union of many smaller boxes)
 2. have some spatial hierarchy in your difference (difference of
sub-union, even difference / union / union) so that the testing of
bounding box does not have to be perform on all objects.

The camera is also on the surface of the cube, which might be an issue
for finding the intersection. (hollow ?)

It might save some characters by declaring the texture and using its
reference