POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Same pov file and different result (with HDR) : Re: Same pov file and different result (with HDR) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Same pov file and different result (with HDR)
From: Alain
Date: 29 Jul 2011 17:58:10
Message: <4e332cf2$1@news.povray.org>

> Dear POVRay users,
>
> when I put sky sphere (with HDR file) + reflective box (with gif texture file) +
> reflective/refractive mesh2, the rendering results are different even they are
> generated from the same pov file. Is this usual or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks

Can you post a small sample scene that show your problem?
Many users can provide their own HDR and image map.
If the mesh2 is large, use a symplified/largely decimated one.
If the sanple scene is relatively small (under 5K), you can post it
here. For larger ones, you can use povray.text.scene-files or
povray.binaries.scene-files.

Make sure that you use spherical mapping for your HDR image. Add
map_type 1 to your pigment.

Is your mesh2 closed?

Alain