POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : multipigment surface : Re: multipigment surface Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:31:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: multipigment surface
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 28 Jul 2011 10:14:51
Message: <4e316edb$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/07/2011 13:45, PC John nous fit lire :
> Hello,
>
> I have written pov-exporter for OpenSceneGraph rendering and visualization
> library. It generates quite COOL results. However, I have one problem:
>
> It seems like POV-Ray is not capable of handling OpenGL materials as it uses
> just one pigment. It is even not possible to implement OpenGL texture MODULATE
> mode, e.g. image (called texture in OpenGL) multiplied by the result of the
> lighting that is performed on surface pigment (called material in OpenGL).

I do not get it... (ambient 0 diffuse 1) is what would perform this
computation (but you might want also to play with the options of
light_source such as fade_power and fade_distance

> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_4.3#Light_Sources

> To simplify the things, I want to have one pigment for OpenGL emissive color and
> another pigment for OpenGL diffuse color. POV-Ray should compute the lighting on
> both of them and the final color would be sum of these. Is it possible to do
> this in POV-Ray?

If I get it correctly:
OpenGL     povray
emissive | ambient
diffuse  | diffuse

To perform a sum, use the average pigment with relevant map