POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : SOR pigmentation : Re: SOR pigmentation Server Time
26 Jun 2024 09:12:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SOR pigmentation
From: Alain
Date: 22 Jul 2011 14:55:26
Message: <4e29c79e@news.povray.org>

> camera {
>
>      #declare xS = 0;
>      #declare yS = 1;
>      #declare zS = 0;
>      up<xS,yS,zS>
>      right x*image_width/image_height
>
>      angle 1
>      location<0,0,-2000>
>      look_at (Position - 9*x)
> }
> light_source {                    // far enough to avoid problems ...
>    0
>    color White
>    translate<20000, 30000, -10000>
> }
>
> For zCam<= -1958.5 or zCam>= 2003.5, all the defects in my scene (where there
> are other SORs, affected by the same problem) are gone.
>
> Gilles

You place your camera at a large distance and use a very small angle
that effectivelt removes perspective. That, in turn, can cause
calculation errors. Those errors will cause the apearance of various
artefacts.

Try placing your camera closer and use the orthographic projection. It
effectively simulate a camera set at infinity.

Alain