POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows editor does not recognize some keywords : Re: Windows editor does not recognize some keywords Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:48:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows editor does not recognize some keywords
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 20 Jul 2011 14:20:48
Message: <4e271c80@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> No, there is a difference between built-in variables and declared
> variables. The former are keywords and cannot be changed by the user.
> The later are accessible by SDL just like any other declared variable.

I thought the question was mostly about built-in variables,
according to the documentation anyway:

FLOAT_BUILT-IN_IDENT:
   clock | clock_delta | clock_on | final_clock | final_frame
   frame_number | initial_clock | initial_frame

So from the user's point of view it is strange that
clock_delta is treated differently from clock.