POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : shear matrix problem : Re: shear matrix problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shear matrix problem
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Jul 2011 07:20:30
Message: <4e1ed0fe$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-7-2011 11:06, Roman Reiner wrote:
> BTW, i killed that Reorient_Trans since it does nothing. As P1.z and P2.z are
> zero those two:<P1.x,0,P1.z>,<-P2.x, 0, -P2.z>  are parallel (pointing in
> opposite directions) resulting in the Reorient_Trans macro to return an empty
> transform.
>
> Regards Roman

Yes, that works, but only because z remains 0 in your code. That is why
I am not too sure about not using VDist(). The Reorient_Trans() is
necessary for those cases where P2 (and/or P1) moves also along the
z-axis. Or is there another way? The code should be valid for *all* 3D
locations of P1 and P2.

Thomas