POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture replacement : Texture replacement Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Texture replacement
From: David Given
Date: 11 Jul 2011 19:18:45
Message: <4e1b84d5$1@news.povray.org>
Okay, here's a very noddy question:

I have an object with complex textures attached to it. I wish to render
the object with different, much simpler textures (a simple pigment, in
fact). However, if I try to create an instance of the object with my new
texture, I just get the error:

    Parse Error: Cannot layer over a patterned texture.

For various reasons I can't change the original object.

Is there any way to get Povray to create a new instance of an object,
discarding all the texture information and letting me replace it with
new textures?

--
┌─── dg@cowlark.com ─────
http://www.cowlark.com ─────