POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : compiling under Cygwin errors : Re: compiling under Cygwin errors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compiling under Cygwin errors
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 4 Jul 2011 01:53:38
Message: <4e115562$1@news.povray.org>
Le 04/07/2011 05:13, kursad nous fit lire :
> Le_Forgeron
>
> Thanks again. I am working out one by one with your help. But that did not stop
> further errors ;)
>
> .../source/backend/libbackend.a(task.o):task.cpp:(.text+0x6e4): undefined
> reference to `boost::thread::start_thread()'

Oh, we are at the linking phase already, nice!

What is the version of boost ?
Maybe you need to provide manually the boost_thread-mt library ?
(there is an option for that in configure, sometime it is needed (not on
ubuntu, but it has to on red hat, IIRC, so why not cygwin))

--with-boost-thread=boost_thread-mt

If your version of boost is less than 1.37, you will have to update or
install a fresher one by hand first. (and check also if "boost thread
dev" or whatever name is also installed)