POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Alain
Date: 1 Jul 2011 12:34:41
Message: <4e0df721$1@news.povray.org>

> Hello Povray users!
> I have a quite annoying problem which I've been trying to figure out for the
> last
> month...please help. The thing is have exported model with given texture(and
> there are lots of elements with the same texture) the texture looks like that:
>
> texture
>     {
>      uv_mapping
>      pigment
>      {
>       color<0, 0, 0>
>       transmit 0.5
>       filter 1
>      }
>      finish
>      {
>       diffuse 1
>       ambient 0
>      }
>     }
>    }
> I have declared another texture:
>
> #declare Milky =
> texture{
>      pigment
>      {
>       rgbft<1, 1, 1, 0.4, 0.5>
>      }
>      finish
>      {
>       diffuse 1.5
>       ambient 0
>       specular 0.2
>       phong 0.4
>       roughness 0.1
>       reflection 0.05
>
>      }}
> And now the question is: HOW TO REPLACE THE EXPORTED TEXTURE WITH THE NEW ONE
> ON ALL THESE ELEMENTS??

If the texture is present as a texture block everywhere, you need to
replace is with: texture{Milky} everywhere it's used.

Do a search in the exported file for "texture".
Then, you replace the content of the texture with "Milky".

You also can remove all texture and use this:

IF the exported file #declare the objects:
object{ExportedObjectName texture{Milky}}

Or, like this:
union{object{Object001}
	object{Object002}
	texture{Milky}
// Optional transforms
scale<1,1,1>
rotate<0,0,0>
translate<0,0,0>
}

IF you include the file to place the objects (there are NO #declare in
the file):
union{
	#include "ExportedFile.inc"
	texture{Milky}
// Optional transforms
scale<1,1,1>
rotate<0,0,0>
translate<0,0,0>
}

If there is a #declare statement for it, you only need to change it's
#declare to read as: #declare Texture=texture{Milky}

Alain