POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:42:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 1 Jul 2011 06:54:17
Message: <4e0da759@news.povray.org>
On 07/01/2011 07:12 AM, rode wrote:
> Hello Povray users!
> I have a quite annoying problem which I've been trying to figure out for the
> last
> month...please help. The thing is have exported model with given texture(and
> there are lots of elements with the same texture) the texture looks like that:
>
> texture
>     {
>      uv_mapping
>      pigment
>      {
>       color<0, 0, 0>
>       transmit 0.5
>       filter 1
>      }
>      finish
>      {
>       diffuse 1
>       ambient 0
>      }
>     }
>    }
> I have declared another texture:
>
> #declare Milky =
> texture{
>      pigment
>      {
>       rgbft<1, 1, 1, 0.4, 0.5>
>      }
>      finish
>      {
>       diffuse 1.5
>       ambient 0
>       specular 0.2
>       phong 0.4
>       roughness 0.1
>       reflection 0.05
>
>      }}
> And now the question is: HOW TO REPLACE THE EXPORTED TEXTURE WITH THE NEW ONE
> ON ALL THESE ELEMENTS??

unless I'm missing something ... sounds like you'll need to edit the
exported model file!
make sure the Milky texture is declared in your main scene file /before/
you have your model include directive (so the model file knows about
Milky) then find all the occurrences of the original texture and replace
them with texture { Milky }