POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Custom shaders? : Re: Custom shaders? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:34:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Custom shaders?
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 27 Jun 2011 13:39:51
Message: <4e08c067$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/06/2011 8:02, kursad wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to write custom shaders from scratch with Pov-ray`s language? Is
> this something that can be done only by patching the code base?

there used to be an unofficial version of POV-Ray, I believe it was
called POVMan, which allowed you to use Renderman-shaders in POV-Ray.

If it still exists, it's probably hopelessly outdated by now, but still,
it might good enough for you.

Let's see if I can find an url for you... nope, seems to be gone.  But I
might still have the installation-files somewhere, let's see!
hmm, can't find it, sorry :(