POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : It's that time again: icc vs. gcc : Re: It's that time again: icc vs. gcc Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's that time again: icc vs. gcc
From: clipka
Date: 25 Jun 2011 12:26:07
Message: <4e060c1f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.06.2011 07:13, schrieb jhu:
> SharkD<pos### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> Wow. And isn't the 3.7 binary a bit slower than 3.6?
>>
>> --
>> http://isometricland.com
>
> I've not tested 3.7. I like doing other things on my computer while running
> these things, so I used 3.6

As you obviously have the icpc compiler suit installed, could you do me
a favor and try compiling & running 3.7 nonetheless, and give some feedback?

As for running, I'd be most interested in behaviour regarding photons;
I've been experiencing problems there with icpc-compiled POV-Ray 3.7
ever since, but haven't managed to get any feedback about whether it's a
freak problem limited to my machine or a general issue.