POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Anybody know of a good antivirus program? : Re: Anybody know of a good antivirus program? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anybody know of a good antivirus program?
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Oct 2008 09:44:46
Message: <4dv3f4hs4ic41ku8mbu5cbokd13cib93mp@4ax.com>
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:30:33 -0300, "Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Me too (yesterday) but I've seen it before and didn't believe it. I've got
>> confidence in AVG and its Resident Shield. That program has caught quite a
>> few
>> nasties in its time even as they are being downloaded.
>
>I didn't believe it at first as I've seen these types of things before, but
>for some reason my instincts thought otherwise .... better safe than sorry
>right?

Right! Better safe than sorry.

The give-away with this scam was the popup would not close by clicking the red
cross. I was loath to click the "cancel", Ctrl + W did not work so I just
re-booted. Then ran AVG.
--

Regards
     Stephen