POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : lightsys and gamma : Re: lightsys and gamma Server Time
25 Jun 2024 23:02:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lightsys and gamma
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Jun 2011 02:56:56
Message: <4dfeef38$1@news.povray.org>

> Is there anything special I need to do to update scenes created with
> lightsys in POV 3.6 to the new gamma system? Or, can I leave the
> settings alone?

   AFAIK, no... in fact, it was designed to be used with
assumed_gamma=1.0. In general, the only change needed for 3.7 is to
adapt the default skydome finish to use "emission" instead "ambient",
but that can be already done by declaring "fiLuminous" before calling
the include.

   Regards,

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres