POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Trying to understand repetition in agate as a normal : Re: Trying to understand repetition in agate as a normal Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:08:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trying to understand repetition in agate as a normal
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 9 Jun 2011 13:19:46
Message: <4df100b2$1@news.povray.org>
> I am now trying to make my puzzle pieces look more interesting

But don't overdo it, actually I like the smooth
geometric cleanness of the original version for this
sort of thing ;) Another approach to make them look more
interesting would be to play with transparency and filter
in the pigment, reflection in the finish, and ior in the
interior, to make them look more like colored glass. To
make the reflection look interesting enough you may
need to give them some environment to reflect. And
it may be slow with so many interacting objects.