POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : segmentation fault : Re: segmentation fault Server Time
1 Jun 2024 23:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: segmentation fault
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 8 Jun 2011 09:41:30
Message: <4def7c0a$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/08/2011 10:00 AM, Warp wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<nom### [at] nomailcom>  wrote:
>> I'm getting an interesting seq fault ... I changed some scaling factors
>> with a couple of macros in my "ndi" scene and that resulted in the
>> number of parsed tokens being increased, and everything was OK until I
>> added the shrubs back in (more tokens) ... then seg fault appeared with
>> this message ...
>
>> Parsing 386364K tokens
>> File 'PrunedShrub.inc' line 85: Parse Error: std::bad_alloc
>> Possible Parse Error: Attempt to free NULL pointer.
>> Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
>
>> didn't change #5434 address this
>
>> btw: shocked that system monitor showed that it snagged 121MB of my swap
>> (RARELY does that). it took a few seconds before the system was it's
>> usual responsive self ... still a runaway case?
>
>    Some minimal code that causes the error would be helpful...

The scene files that produce this error (and the above error another time):

Parsing 901655K tokens
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

have been posted in p.t.scene-files

when I go into buildings.inc on line 272 and change 0TOScale = 0.25 to
OTOScale = 0.5 it runs fine ... /NOT/ implying that the OTO macro is the
problem but the increase in tokens parsed count (from reducing the
scale) is what's happening here.