POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : segmentation fault : segmentation fault Server Time
17 Jun 2024 22:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  segmentation fault
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 7 Jun 2011 14:33:47
Message: <4dee6f0b@news.povray.org>
I'm getting an interesting seq fault ... I changed some scaling factors
with a couple of macros in my "ndi" scene and that resulted in the
number of parsed tokens being increased, and everything was OK until I
added the shrubs back in (more tokens) ... then seg fault appeared with
this message ...

Parsing 386364K tokens
File 'PrunedShrub.inc' line 85: Parse Error: std::bad_alloc
Possible Parse Error: Attempt to free NULL pointer.
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.

didn't change #5434 address this

btw: shocked that system monitor showed that it snagged 121MB of my swap
(RARELY does that). it took a few seconds before the system was it's
usual responsive self ... still a runaway case?