POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to assemble images after distributed rendering? : Re: How to assemble images after distributed rendering? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to assemble images after distributed rendering?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 7 Jun 2011 08:03:53
Message: <4dee13a9@news.povray.org>
Le 07/06/2011 13:46, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
> Can you confirm the version of povray (3.6) ?
> (or maybe it's a radiosity issue ?)
>
> I tested the initial solution with a scene in 3.7, without radiosity and
> got no white line on left side. I'm going to render radiosity3a.pov per
> slice to check

Yep! radiosity3.pov in 3.6 get an artefact of a white line on the left
for partial column rendering.

On 3.7, it get a blocky artefact on the right (bigger), but it is
better, as long as you provide the slices from left to right in the
command line of convert, each new picture covers the previous blocky
column. No problem in 3.7 if used with care.

A real issue for 3.6.2 (tested on windows)
I did not try to provide the picture in right to left to see if they
would cover each other.

Notice: radiosity seems to not like too much partial rendering.
(or may it's just me)

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.