POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to assemble images after distributed rendering? : Re: How to assemble images after distributed rendering? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to assemble images after distributed rendering?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 7 Jun 2011 07:46:22
Message: <4dee0f8e$1@news.povray.org>
Le 07/06/2011 13:14, Marvin a écrit :

>> > There is a bright line of white pixel on each left side of partial image.>
> How shoud that bright line of white pixel hinder flattening? I don't have enough
> experience with ImageMagick. I see your point, but I don't realize where this
> bright line came from in the first place. The partial images came directly from
> radiosity3a.pov rendered scene, I made no intervention as to insert a white
> line.

I trust you.
Can you confirm the version of povray (3.6) ?
(or maybe it's a radiosity issue ?)

I tested the initial solution with a scene in 3.7, without radiosity and
got no white line on left side. I'm going to render radiosity3a.pov per
slice to check

> Is there a way to cut images and later reassemble stripes pf columns with
> convert or composite -adjoin?

I do not know. I knew about -flatten.
Maybe you can try to perform the whole think in one line such as:

convert model-000000.png -transparent black -page +0+0 \
 model-000001.png -transparent black -page +0+0 \
 model-000002.png -transparent black -page +0+0 \
 model-000003.png -transparent black -page +0+0 \
 model-000158.png -transparent black -page +0+0 \
-background black -flatten model.png

If you want to cut image from picture, you might want to play with -size
and -page to set the framesize and move the original inside the final frame.

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.