POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something? : Re: Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something?
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Jun 2011 10:08:21
Message: <4decdf55$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/19/2011 18:56, SGeier wrote:
> You really think those who don't know how POV-Ray works wil create better
> documentation than those who do know it?

For many kinds of documentation (and pretty much all documentation that
you're not supposed to look at the source code while using), this is a given.

Indeed, it's one of the primary reasons to write the documentation first.
All this talk about "test driven design" is merely there to make programmers
write documentation before they code. One winds up with excellent
documentation if one writes the manual, then implements what the manual says.

 > "how should we have written the answer to this

If once you get the answer you don't add it to the docs where you expected
to find it, then you're part of the problem. :-) Now that there's a wiki and
a bug tracker, at least.

 > the program as shipped is the final documentation.

This of course is nonsense, as it would imply it's impossible to have a
buggy program.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like