POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light problem (v3.6 to v3.7) : Re: Light problem (v3.6 to v3.7) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light problem (v3.6 to v3.7)
From: Alain
Date: 2 Jun 2011 15:38:32
Message: <4de7e6b8@news.povray.org>

http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Fix_old_scenes_to_work_with_the_new_gamma_system

> So, shall I use it or not to transfer the older projects?

file_gamma affect how the image is actualy writen to a file.
display_gamma adjust the preview display.

For a PNG, it sets the gamma chunk of the file. For other formats that
don't have such a mechanism, it adjust the pixels values according to
the set value.

Idealy, file_gamma should be set at the same value as display_gamma and
assumed_gamma.