POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light problem (v3.6 to v3.7) : Re: Light problem (v3.6 to v3.7) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light problem (v3.6 to v3.7)
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Jun 2011 12:36:06
Message: <4de7bbf6$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/06/2011 17:50, studionase nous fit lire :
> Hi community
>
> I have a problem with the output between the v3.6 and v3.7.
> In the new POV-Ray the light is different to the older version.
> You can see it on this picture:
> http://web.fensarus.ch/povray_light_difference.png
>
> What settings do I have to make in v3.7 so the output looks like in v3.6 ??
> Thank you very much in advance !!!
>
> Regard
> studionase

From the beta page

If assumed_gamma is not specified, and #version is set to pre-3.7 or
    undefined, full compatibility with 3.6 and earlier is maintaned.

If assumed_gamma is specified and #version is set to pre-3.7 or undefined,
    compatibility with 3.6 is subject to the following restrictions: (a)
full
output file handling compatibility requires File_Gamma to be set to the
same value as Display_Gamma (or left undefined if Display_Gamma is
undefined), and (b) input file handling is not backward compatible in
case of PNG files.

If assumed_gamma is not specified and #version is set to 3.7 or higher,
compatibility with 3.6 or earlier is not maintained.

Have you tried it ?