POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene? : Re: Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 26 May 2011 17:09:09
Message: <4ddec175@news.povray.org>

> Thanks Jaime,
>
> This describes pretty much exactly what I want to do.  Could you
> send me a small sample script that shows the semantic for doing
> this?

   Apart from the bundled demos, I've posted a Java lightmapping tool at
p.b.utilities, which includes a demo scene. It is aimed at automating
the baking process for a whole scene, composed of meshes for every
material. If the Java app doesn't suits your needs, just disregard it
and look at the output it produces: it should give you enough pointers
to start your own baking mechanism.

   Regards,

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres