POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene? : Re: Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 26 May 2011 14:00:55
Message: <4dde9557$1@news.povray.org>

> What I'm trying to do is compute a lightmap projection for certain
> triangles in the scene.  The raytracer needs to consider the entire
> scene but not *render* the entire scene; just the sub-section.

   Do you know you can bake textures/lightmaps with the new mesh_camera?
As long as your subsection is a separate mesh, you can render only the
lightmap for that mesh, while taking into account the rest of the scene
(i.e. the scene will cast shadows/radiosity on your lightmap). Look up
the basic example on scenes/camera/mesh_camera/baking_demo.pov, it
should get you started...

   Regards,

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres