POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something? : Re: Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 26 May 2011 02:48:54
Message: <4dddf7d6$1@news.povray.org>
Le 26/05/2011 02:47, SGeier a écrit :
> No, I will NOT see that because it is NOT in the documentation.

Instead of focusing your rage on this thread, what about using all that
energy to contribute to the documentation itself (on the pov-wiki pages)?

I'm sure you know the right spot to add or amend a paragraph or two
about the behaviour you observed (i.e. all specific object options must
be before the very first option from OBJECT_MODIFIER). At least you
would be expecting it there, so, in fact, you do know that place.

> I asked you for pointers to *several* things you claimed were allegedly in
> the documentation.

I used to know the povray documentation by heart... but it was at the
time of 3.1 (well, I started with 2.12 of something not called povray).

I get a bit lost with the 3.5 and further. (and it seems there is
duplicate data for the SDL: often in the object description, and later
in the SDL summary. It's like having two watches (clock), if they are
different, I'm unable to know which one is true (if any)).

I would reckon (but I'm not able to provide a better tool) that the
search engine on the wiki is far too weak, at least for my taste, i'm
never able to find a good match. I might not be using the right wordings.

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.