POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something? : Re: Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something?
From: SGeier
Date: 23 May 2011 19:56:22
Message: <4ddaf426$1@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4dd613da955938cce619b42c0@news.povray.org...
> Actually, you misread the grammar: As there is no "|" between the
> isosurface-specific modifiers and the "[OBJECT_MODIFIERS...]", the grammar
> clearly states that putting "all_intersections" after
> "[OBJECT_MODIFIERS...]" is
> not possible.
>
> BTW, that you find at http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/214/
> ;-)
>
>    Thorsten

Is this some kind of character set issue? Did you really mean to use a pipe
symbol (vertical bar) in your quotation marks up there?

I'm staring at the page to which you posted a link there and I fail to see
ANY mention of any relationship between a pipe symbol and the order in which
things need to be provided. As a matter of fact the only mention of a pipe
symbol that I see there is this pair of sentences:

> Choices are represented by a vertical bar between
> syntax items. For example a choice between three
> items would be written as ITEM1 | ITEM2 | ITEM3.

Could you please quote to me the sentence/s on that page that you linked up
there that indicates that vertical bars have anything whatsoever to do with
the order of things.

(Yes, I'm aware that the quick-reference has such a statement, but it also
has a warning that the syntax convention there is different from the user
documentation).