POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something? : Re: Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 May 2011 10:54:15
Message: <4dd68097$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <ano### [at] anonymousorg> schreef in bericht
> Am 20.05.2011 09:46, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>
>> The contained_by in
>> isosurfaces is also an object modifier, strictly speaking.
>
> No, not really. Not according to how OBJECT_MODIFIERS is defined
> syntactically.

I am sure I agree with you here. What I mean to say is that - for the
layman - contained_by is looked upon in the same way as an object modifier.

> Note the same goes for /any/ object type: Object-type specific keywords
> must go first, before any generic object modifiers. So do we need such a
> sentence in the description of /all/ the primitives?

Well, it seems I am not one of those lucky ones who know the docs perfectly
:-)  Your point is well taken, only I had never really thought about it in
that way, and I suppose many are in the same position as me...

I think this whole discussion is not useless. We all learned something
essential it seems. Hurray!  :-)

Thomas