POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is it possible to trace colours in 3d? : Re: Is it possible to trace colours in 3d? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it possible to trace colours in 3d?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 16 May 2011 17:59:52
Message: <4dd19e58$1@news.povray.org>

> Is it possible to trace colours on a mesh with uv mapping? I want to
> trace blobs onto areas of a specific colour on a mesh.
>
> I was thinking along the lines of Jaime's method here:
> http://news.povray.org/4bf28f4b%40news.povray.org but that only works
> for planar images.

   Well, it works in 3D if you use the y component on the function
test... anyhow, I don't think it is possible to evaluate the uv mapping
in a function, as the uv coordinates are on the mesh. After some
thinking, I don't see a way to do it... sorry.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org