POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness : Re: PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness Server Time
10 May 2024 12:34:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 16 May 2011 07:12:36
Message: <4dd106a4@news.povray.org>
On 05/14/2011 09:16 AM, Marco wrote:
> Oh, and also, if I put a .inc in the include dir in C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for
> Windows v3.62\include and it can't always find them, not even if they're in the
> pov's directory.

there is nothing technically stopping you from putting the .inc files
that /you/ create in the distribution directory tree, however, it is
generally considered bad practice. try creating directories in your
users file space ... for example:

usersdirpath\POV-Ray\Source
usersdirpath\POV-Ray\Includes

then in usersdirpath\.povray\your-version\povray.ini make these entries:

Library_Path="usersdirpath\POV-Ray\Source"
Library_Path="usersdirpath\POV-Ray\Includes"

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_1.2#Library_Paths

we all like to help, but you /really/ need to spend some time going over
the documentation ;-)