POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness : Re: PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness Server Time
27 Apr 2024 09:45:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 16 May 2011 06:40:19
Message: <4dd0ff13$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/16/2011 05:03 AM, Marco wrote:
> Oh and te image could perhaps be updated to show z+ and z- as well asl x+ and x-
> and y+ and y-. Those are all rather intuitive to me, but the z could (according
> to my intuition) swing either way.

you're not thinking 3D here ... isn't -z 180 degrees from +z

i usually set up camera with a location vector of -z so that a rotate of
+x moves the camera up (-x moves it down) and +y moves it clockwise (-y
counterclockwise) ... two separate transforms:

#declare CamPos = <0,0,-10>;
#declare LookAt = <0,0,0>;

camera {
   perspective
   location CamPos
   rotate x*2
   rotate y*-10
   look_at  LookAt
   }

this example 2 degrees up and 10 degrees counterclockwise