POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness : Re: PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness Server Time
27 Apr 2024 11:36:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 15 May 2011 19:36:07
Message: <4dd06367@news.povray.org>
On 05/15/2011 06:45 PM, Marco wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:

>>> I think you are confusing "direction" with "look_at"... this is a
>>> clear case of RTFM (remember that with POV-Ray docs, the "F" in RTFM
>>> *always* stands for "fine").
>>>
>> lol ... nicely put!
>
> No no no gents, I agree that the manual is fine, but this is a case of RTFP,
> with P standing for post. my problem lay with the BW rendering, and the weird
> results from this particular .pov. My reasons for wanting to render this (too
> lazy to read the fine manual) have nothing to do with the results.

a picture is worth a thousand words:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_3#Placing_the_Camera

the image in this section explains things very clearly ... oh yeah, it
sounds like it wouldn't hurt to read the sections that follow either

lastly ... maybe posting in p.general or p.newusers would have been your
first best bet as this is clearly not a bug ... just a misunderstanding
of the camera attributes on your part