POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : New User Question about Variable Density Fog : Re: New User Question about Variable Density Fog Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:54:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New User Question about Variable Density Fog
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 11 May 2011 18:28:45
Message: <4dcb0d9d@news.povray.org>
> That's the magnetic field in ways it has never been seen before.

> Being able to display magnetic/electric fields would be big plus for the
> scientific community.

It's good to have tools like that, but I think it's a
bit too specialized for a general raytracer. Things like
this might be better packaged as your own cool science
app that has an export mode for povray density files
and a sample scene for rendering.

> Quick question, is there anyway to generate density filenames based on the
> clock?  I would like to have slightly different named density files for each
> frame if it was possible.

You should be able to use a combination of concat()
and str() for that (see 3.2.1.7.4 string functions)